Programme and initiatives
The Learning Centres
The Flagship Learning Centre
The NECT flagship Learning Center, established in 2017 in Maiduguri is an ecosystem that provides a safe living and learning space for 559 vulnerable, displaced children from Borno (the epicenter of the crisis) and Yobe states. Operations at the Center are curated towards upholding the highest standard of education in consonance with the UNDP’s sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- 60 students have successfully concluded foundational and advanced coding classes necessary to equip them with 21st century digital skills
- 171 students graduated at the end of 2020/21 academic session and successfully transited to secondary schools across Maiduguri
- 4 students have transited to university – 1 to American University of Nigeria, Yola and 3 to Borno State University, Maiduguri
- 110 students benefitted from the STEM/digital skills programme (programming & coding)
The Learning Centre II
In 2019, NECT adopted, upgraded and remodeled the Maiduguri International School (Education Trust), a community owned school established in 1981 as part of her efforts to improve access to education for children affected by the insurgency who reside in host communities. With this strategic partnership, NECT aims to foster communities of learning by supporting existing academic institutions in the region.
- 726 students have directly benefited from enhancements to educational infrastructure (books, classrooms, ICT systems, WASH facilities etc)
- There has been Regular teacher training programs
- Scholarships for orphaned children at the school
- Graduation of 2020/21 class